1. In 1886 this person calculated the Abbe Value of optical clarity.
2. Which of the following organizations is not a publicly-traded entity but is a wholly-owned Foundation?
3. Who founded the ZEISS Foundation in 1889?
4. One notable early achievement for Ernst Abbe and the ZEISS Foundation was the creation of this in 1900, the first of its kind in Germany and one of the earliest in the entire world.
5. The first patent for a progressive lens is issued to _____ _____of Great Britain in 1907.
6. Who was the first woman in optics research?
7. What year was the AO Lensometer from American Optical (now part of ZEISS Vision Care) launched.
8. They were responsible for the creation of the German School of Opticians, the first of its kind in Germany.
9. The first lenses computed on a strict scientific basis where depending on the refractive power, the curvature of the lens can be defined so that the oblique astigmatism can be completely corrected for peripheral rays.
10. The first name of Minkwitz, who developed the Minkwitz theorem, which was the next mathematical basis needed to create progressive lenses.
11. The year that the slit lamp was invented by Allvar Gullstrand of ZEISS.
12. The year that backside-only freeform or "digitally" surfaced lenses are invented and patented by ZEISS Vision Care.
13. The Katral lenses were the world's first_______ lenses and were used for _______ eyes, post cataract.
14. In 2020 ZEISS launched the world's first optometry-focused UVC frame & lens disinfection system. What is it called?
15. Launch year of the Gradal Individual – the first completely Rx compensated backside freeform lens accounts for back vertex distance, pantoscopic tilt, and wrap angle measurements.
16. 2007 - ZEISS launches the world's first combination of subjective refraction and wavefront measurement, enabling lens prescriptions up to 100th of a diopter, what was it called?
17. 1980 saw the launch of world's first tintable abrasion-resistant coating, developed by American Optical. What was it called?
18. In what year did American Optical, launch the first plastic photochromic called Photolite?
19. In 1983, ZEISS Vision Care received the patent for horizontal symmetry in progressive lenses. What was the name of the lens it was launched in?
20. PPG and Essilor jointly create Transitions, a lens that gets dark based on the intensity of UV light exposure. What years did it launch?
21. In questions 21-23 please rate the effectiveness of how well each course met the stated learning objectives: Met the stated learning objectives?
22. Avoided commercial bias/influence?
23. How would you rate the overall quality of the material presented?
24. How were you directed to this course?
25. Please describe the office in which you work.