Explore the Cornea (for ABO Credit)
1. There is possibly a sixth layer of the cornea, known as
2. The cornea gets most of its oxygen from
3. Studies have shown that the lack of oxygen due to contact lens wear
4. The name cornea comes from the Medieval word “corneata” which means
5. The refractive power of the cornea is
6. Reduced corneal sensitivity with contact lens wear is possibly the result of
7. Swelling in the stroma makes it a less effective barrier to the limbal blood vessels resulting in
8. Which of the following is NOT an effect on the cornea of contact lens wear?
9. The endothelium repairs itself through a process called
10. Fibers from the Cervical Sympathetic Nerve warn of injury and are called
11. Which of the following is NOT a function of the cornea?
12. Nutrition for the cornea comes from
13. The epithelium repairs itself when
14. The theory of the balance of epithelial cell regeneration is known as
15. The thickest layer of the cornea is the
16. The level of hydration needed for corneal transparency is
17. Blood nutrients are supplied to the cornea through the
18. Cellular waste is eliminated by
19. Corneal edema is the result of
20. When oxygen available to the cornea falls below atmospheric levels
21. In questions 21-23 please rate the effectiveness of how well each course met the stated learning objectives: Met the stated learning objectives?
22. Avoided commercial bias/influence?
23. How would you rate the overall quality of the material presented?
24. How were you directed to this course?
25. Please describe the office in which you work.