BY JILLIAN URCELAY
1. KENMARK has announced the renewal of an exclusive license agreement for the development, production and worldwide distribution of eyewear for the kensie brand, which will extend through June 30, 2021.
2. RODENSTOCK has entered the U.S. eyewear market as of January 2017 with its own sales subsidiary.
3. HILCO VISION has announced the acquisition of Jonathan Paul Eyewear, a pioneer in the fit-over category of sunwear and the Jonathan Paul Fitover brand.
4. MOSCOT has further strengthened its position in Europe with the opening of its global corporate headquarters in Lugano, Switzerland and a worldwide distribution center in Italy.
5. ALLURE EYEWEAR has announced the global distribution of the Kendall + Kylie eyewear collection, which debuts this year.
6. VUARNET has opened its first ephemeral pop-up shop in Soho, NYC, for the holiday season, which will be openuntil Jan. 18 and offers the largest selection of Vuarnet sunglasses stateside.
7. PAWS ‘N’ CLAWS EYEWEAR now distributes novelty eyewear holders OptiPets, a unique way for retailers and customers to display their eyewear on animal-themed eyewear stands.
8. WOODONE has strengthened its position in the eyewear industry by inaugurating the new Wood Production facility near its headquarters in Varna, Italy.
9. MODERN OPTICAL INTERNATIONAL has sponsored a food drive to support Libby’s Place, an on-campus food bank at Aurora University.
10. MEDINICHE, INC. has introduced a new version of OcuDerma Eye Gel with an improved formula and packaging.