We are looking for a front desk administrator to be responsible for ensuring patients move smoothly through their visits in our practice and receive a high quality of clinical care. The ideal candidate will also be cross-trained as a paraoptometic technician.
Primary responsiblities will include:
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction and provider time by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; verifying medical and Vision insurance.
- Scans records and ensures patient records are up to date.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Secondary responsibilities will include:
- Management of patient flow to provide an exceptional patient experience.
- Paraoptometric duties, including performing pretesting, reviewing medical history, preparing patients for exam, and other tasks requested by the doctor
- Educating patient on insertion, removal and proper care of contact lenses
- Helping maintain a well-organized, and efficient clinical environment
- Assisting receptionist with phone, and other clerical tasks as needed
Who Should Apply:
- Detail-oriented, and customer service focused team players
- Candidates looking for a full-time opportunity, and are available during all office hours (office hours are available for review on our website)
- Candidates with knowledge of basic computer skills
- Applicants who desire career growth within an established optometry practice
- Previous experience in the field is appreciated, but not required; we will be happy to train the right person!