COA with photography experience
3/7/2014 9:55:00 AM
1. Participates in the delivery of patient care in an effective manner. Under close supervision perform preliminary screening examinations for physician review including, but not limited to, visual acuity, history taking, tonometry, lensometry, motility, pupil assessment, visual fields, simple color vision tests, and may perform refraction. Examine the cornea, lens, and anterior chamber of the eye using a slit lamp and note variations from normal. May administer dilation or anesthetic drops. May assist with patient contact lens insertion and removal training.
2. Performs stocking and maintenance functions. Maintains physical environment of exam and procedure rooms. Cleans and stocks rooms daily and maintains appropriate supply of sample drug medications as needed. Assists with ordering medical/office supplies. Prepares for transport of contaminated instruments and equipment for sterilization. Facilitates calibration, maintenance, and monitoring of equipment as needed.
3. Performs various clerical functions. Assists with appointments and telephone call screening activities. Answers phones, takes messages and relays to appropriate individuals. Under direction of physician, may call pharmacy with prescription refills and records prescriptions in patients chart. Files test results, forms, and letters into medical records.
4. Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the work place. Interacts with patients, visitors, and all personnel in a courteous manner. Resolves conflict in a healthy and constructive manner. Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patients and co-workers; demonstrates respect for individual, cultural, and social differences. Contributes to the positive atmosphere of the work environment
5. Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings. Supports the development of other staff and formal learners.
6. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Apply Online: /job/coa-with-photography-experience-0307-Raleigh-North+Carolina-5784
<<< Back to Jobs listing
See more Ophthalmology Jobs, Optometry Jobs, and Optical Jobs at www.localeyesite.com