The spotlight falls on the edge—the lens edge—
in these striking new rimless and semi-rimless
sunglasses. Sometimes a lot of edge... Sometimes a
little more… or a little less... edge. The options
are limitless as the hugely popular rimless sun shield
evolves—just like its ophthalmic counterparts—
taking on more rim, but never forsaking its stylish
and functional edge.
From top: JOHN VARVATOS 711 from Base Curve/A Luxury Division
of Rem Eyewear; ETRO SE9599S from Viva International Group;
SWISSFLEX RAINBOW RIMLESS #37 from Italee Optics;
INNOVATIVE MF TECHNOLOGY 479 from Revolution Eyewear
RIMLESS, SEMI-RIMLESS… AND DEMI-RIMLESS LOOKS
- Three-piece drill mounts with the temples and bridge mounted
directly on the lenses.
- Rims on the upper… or bottom… half of the lens.
- Rims on the top and bottom of the lens but not on the sides.
- Rims only on the sides.
- Lenses rising above, falling below or suspended from a top
- Demi-rimless—fully rimmed with the outer lenses—totally or
partially—free of the rim.
Senior Features Editor GLORIA NICOLA • Photographed by Ned Matura