Understanding Prism Designs for Homonymous Hemianopsia
1. Approximately how many people in the US are estimated to have homonymous hemianopsia?
2. Peripheral vision tells us _____ things are. Central Vision tells us _____ things are.
3. A patient with hemianopsia wants to drive and is seemingly capable of doing so. What may stop them?
4. What type of lens potentially causes uncomfortable central diplopia while expanding the visual field?
5. What type of lens shifts the visual field but does not expand it?
6. Which type of lens creates a gap in the visual field when the patient gaze rotates into the prism on their blind side?
7. What type of lens offers visual field expansion at primary gaze?
8. What could the image jump at a round bifocal also be called?
9. What are two of the primary 'Quality of Life Concerns' experienced by patients with homonymous hemianopia?
10. How can the visual field be manipulated using peripheral prisms to create awareness of different areas?
11. A normal visual field is about _____ degrees. A homonymous hemianopia visual field is about _____ degrees.
12. Our visual field moves as our ______ move
13. 90+% of eye movements are _____ degrees or less
14. In developmental and behavioral optometry, yoked prisms are often used for _______. But they do not expand visual field.
15. The spot where the optic nerve exits the retina is known as the
16. What's the best way to describe the missing visual field from homonymous hemianopsia?
17. If you put a prism in an area where a patient can't see, what does it do?
18. What type of lens creates an apical scotoma that could be dangerous?
19. What is not one of the trade names associated with unilateral sector prisms?
20. What condition is homonymous hemianopia most often associated with?
21. In questions 21-23 please rate the effectiveness of how well each course met the stated learning objectives: Met the stated learning objectives?
22. Avoided commercial bias/influence?
23. How would you rate the overall quality of the material presented?
24. How were you directed to this course?
25. Please describe the office in which you work.