Pediatric Cataract (for ABO Credit)
1. There have been great advances in the field of ophthalmology recently. However, visual impairment and blindness in children is primarily due to
2. There are more than ______________ children who are blind throughout the world.
3. Which country accounts for the greatest number of visually impaired children?
4. Pediatric cataract poses economic burdens and years of productive life that are lost due to
5. A cataract is
6. When left untreated, a cataract causes
7. The three types of cataracts are:
8. A cataract can develop
9. The age related cataract begins with
10. If the cataract is not removed the lens becomes
11. If left untreated, a cataract causes
12. Post-operative complications such as secondary cataract, inflammation, glaucoma or retinal detachment can develop without
13. How many people in the United States have or had cataracts and have undergone cataract surgery by the time they're 80 years old?
14. The only method of alleviating advanced cases of cataract involving severe vision loss is extraction of the lens. Sight can be restored in most instances by
15. The less common congenital cataract is present at birth or forms during a baby's first year. It occurs in one in every 10,000 infants. A congenital cataract may be caused by
16. The most serious complication of congenital cataract is permanent visual impairment. An infant with mild cataracts may not show any symptoms delaying cataract diagnosis for years. Parents have cause for concern when they notice the child's
17. A pediatric cataract can develop from
18. Childhood cataract has been associated with
19. A child's eye is different from an adult's eye. Unlike cataracts in adults, there is an immediate need to manage childhood cataracts, especially those that are unilateral. There is generally a
20. There have been tremendous changes via technology in the field of ophthalmology. The future of pediatric cataract identification, medical care and management holds promise. There are
21. In questions 21-23 please rate the effectiveness of how well each course met the stated learning objectives: Met the stated learning objectives?
22. Avoided commercial bias/influence?
23. How would you rate the overall quality of the material presented?
24. How were you directed to this course?
25. Please describe the office in which you work.