BY JILLIAN URCELAY
1. CHARMANT GROUP has announced its exclusive licensing agreement with Eddie Bauer to design, manufacture and distribute Eddie Bauer-branded eyewear.
2. VUARNET has announced the passing of Jean Vuarnet at the age of 83, who gave his name to the brand 60 years ago.
3. SAFILO GROUP has announced the renewal of its licensing agreement for the design, manufacturing and worldwide
distribution of the Dior and Dior Homme collections of sunglasses and optical frames extending through Dec. 31, 2020.
4. CROAKIES has announced the brand’s 40th anniversary by unveiling its “40 Years Committed to Life’s Everyday Adventures” brand campaign.
5. NEW YORK EYE has announced the five-year renewal of its license agreement with Hemingway, Ltd., which will be licensed through Dec. 31, 2021.
6. COOPERVISION, INC. has donated $164,000 to Optometry Giving Sight in support of the 2016 World Sight Day Challenge. The money was raised by its employees through a wide variety of fundraisers, with matching funds pledged by The Cooper Companies.
7. INTERNATIONAL VISION EXPO EAST 2017 is launching exclusive events for eyecare providers featuring a presentation from Google agency developer Liz Austin, a dynamic VIP networking reception and sessions focused on utilizing Google’s digital products to grow your eyecare business.
8. SOLSTICE SUNGLASSES is showing its support of the Special Olympics’ Opening Eyes program by carrying a Special Olympics seal in the window fronts of all 117 of the retailer’s current store locations.
9. CROAKIES has launched its reengineered belt, dog collar and leash, and guitar strap products with webbing made from 100 percent recycled plastic bottles.
10. SAFILO GROUP and Interaxon Inc. have announced a strategic research and development partnership and licensing agreement, enabling the brand’s entry into wearable technology under the name SAFILOX.