Human Resources Coordinator
6/11/2014 4:55:00 PM
Human Resources Coordinator
St. Luke's Cataract & Laser Institute is seeking a full-time, Human Resources Coordinator to join our team at our Tarpon Springs main office location!
About St. Luke's:
St. Luke's Cataract & Laser Institute is a multi-subspecialty ophthalmology practice with 18 MD’s and nearly 350 employees located in beautiful Tampa Bay, Florida. With six locations spread over four counties in the Tampa Bay area and a seventh location at The Villages in central Florida, St. Luke’s offers outstanding professional opportunities to our employees. In addition to our multi-subspecialty ophthalmology practice, our service lines include plastic surgery, aesthetic skin care, Mohs dermatology, and hearing services.
St. Luke’s has a long-standing reputation of excellence and for delivering outstanding patient care. Our surgeons are front-runners in their fields. In fact, many of the innovations that have made cataract surgery one of the safest medical procedures performed today were developed at St. Luke’s.
Our home office is a 78,000 square foot facility located in Tarpon Springs, with additional locations in Spring Hill, Bayonet Point, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Clearwater, and The Villages. We offer on-site surgical care at our Tarpon Springs, Clearwater and The Villages locations.
Please visit our website to learn more about St. Luke's Cataract & Laser Institute: http://www.stlukeseye.com/
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for activities related to the administration of HR support services, and the maintenance of HR documentation. This position is responsible for human resources information including recordkeeping and reporting and provides administrative and project management support to the Human Resources Manager.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Creates and maintains employee files
• Enters employee records in the HRIS database (ADP) including new hires, terminations, reviews, and salary changes
• Completes background checks for potential employees
• Conducts New Employee Orientation and assists in onboarding of new hires
• Periodically creates reports from HRIS database, distributes as appropriate
• Assists in the development of supervisory staff in regards to coaching related to interview strategies, preparing and presenting an appropriate performance review, counseling employees, etc.
• Develops job descriptions with input from other appropriate staff
• Posts information on company intranet (Coordinator is responsible for identifying items to be posted and for preparing content, in addition to making posts)
• Coordinates annual training for employees; ensures that training is completed
• When HR Manager is not available, responds to employee inquiries related to FMLA; provides appropriate paperwork, ensures that it is completed and received by HR in a timely manner
• Responds to external inquiries for employment verifications
• Responds to internal inquiries from management team related to employee information
• Coordinates drug screening for employees if necessary (as backup to HR Assistant)
• Receives reports of incidents/injuries to guests of facility; forwards reports to insurance carrier
• At times, assists the insurance adjuster in evaluating the claim as required
• Receives reports of employee injuries; coordinates care; responsible for follow-through related to work comp incidents
• Responds to employee questions in a professional and courteous manner.
• Maintaining and updating highly confidential information on a daily basis.
• Upholds the company culture both within the HR department and when interacting with employees and patients
• Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required
Qualifications / Job Duties:
• General knowledge of HR processes; PHR certification preferred
• High attention to detail and exceptional follow-through
• Ability to multi-task and to prioritize and work independently
• Ability to interface with employees at all levels
• Excellent computer proficiency: Word, Excel, and Internet
• Strong writing skills
• Must be mobile in an office environment, ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to use office equipment (computer, telephone, printer, etc.)
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/human-resources-coordinator-0611-tarpon-springs-florida-7499
<<< Back to Jobs listing
See more Ophthalmology Jobs, Optometry Jobs, and Optical Jobs at www.localeyesite.com