Clinical Assistant for Ocular Plastic Surgeon
5/27/2014 9:44:00 PM
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates, PA (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for over 90 years is looking to is currently looking to hire a Clinical Assistant for a busy Ocularplastic surgeon.
CEENTA was awarded as one of North Carolina’s Most Family Friendly companies in 2010, 2011, and 2012. In 2013, CEENTA was named one of the Best Places to Work in North Carolina. They were also named one of the Best Places to Work by the Charlotte Business Journal.
Our current opening requires a special patient focused individual with strong people skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment. Utilizing EMR, individuals will work closely with our physicians to gather medical information for the patient's visit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide clinical assistance for physician when appropriate (exam office procedures, administer prescribed medications, orally, administer prescribed emergency care in the event of a severe reaction .
· Document patient encounters properly in accordance to CEENTA compliance guidelines in electronic medical record software in a timely manner
· Obtain vitals of patient including : Pulse, Respirations, Blood Pressure, Height, Weight ,Neck Circumference
· Manage lab reports, procedure and office notes and outside documentation pertinent to patient care.
· Take medical histories from patients; perform routine preliminary work up tasks such as visual acuity, tonometry, keratometry, and motility
· Duties would include gathering patient history, obtaining visual acuities, and possible utilizing the Auto Refractor..
· Provide assistance with surgery scheduling, scribing, and perform general office duties and other functions as required or assigned.
· Maintain stock of office and clinical supplies and order from appropriate vendor when needed
· Provide educational and triage information to patient and their families.
A successful candidate will also possess a general working knowledge of medical insurance, excellent communication skills, be detail oriented and proficient with most computer software.
Candidates with limited Ophthalmology experience will be considered if they have experience working within a dermatology or with plastic surgeons.
Experience with a variety of computer programs and enjoyment of working in a team environment - a huge plus.
Certification is required; CMAs, RMAs, RNs and LPN and Surgical Technicians are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may fax their resume to 704-295-3415.
Apply Online: https://localeyesite.com/job/clinical-assistant-for-ocular-plastic-surgeon-0527-charlotte-nc-6727
<<< Back to Jobs listing
See more Ophthalmology Jobs, Optometry Jobs, and Optical Jobs at www.localeyesite.com