Release Date: March 1, 2014
Expiration Date: March 18, 2016
Gain an overview of the development and use of adjustable lenses. You'll learn about how adjustable lenses work, understand how they can be applied to enhance your lens product mix and learn about how developments in adjustable lens technologies could meet the needs in the market in the future.
Upon completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Understand the history of and changing technology of adjustable power lenses.
- Understand the usefulness of such eyewear and the visual requirements that guarantees comfort.
- Describe the clinical evidence to support their use
- Understand how adjustable glasses can enhance spare pair sales.
- Learn new methods of creating improved adjustable lenses that goes beyond the current fluid or Alvarez lens systems available.
Graeme MacKenzie, DPhil, BOptom, is an optometrist who spent a number of years working as a university lecturer specializing in optics and binocular vision. Graeme led the design of the World Bank funded Child Vision Study on adjustable lenses and contributes to the regulatory, marketing, design and training aspects of Adlens' business.
This course is supported by an educational grant from Adlens
This course is approved for one (1) hour of CE credit by the American Board of Opticianry (ABO). Course SWJMI006